During pregnancy, your client’s body goes through MIRACULOUS changes to accommodate the even MORE miraculous job of growing a human!
Here's what happens...
A variety of hormones drastically change the way the body functions, affecting the way a woman feels.
With the growth of the fetus (the baby before it's born) come major shifts in the body:
- Your client's center of gravity changes, causing balance issues, and necessary shifts in pelvic alignment.
- The bowels and organs are pressed back and up into the chest cavity making it harder to take deep breaths.
The Pregnancy Pilates IMPACT way of teaching addresses the bio-psycho-social aspects of mom's experience:
- Bio (Biological) offers pregnant and postpartum women the feel-good effects of exercise, core conditioning, and optimal breathing techniques
- Psycho (Psychological) offers a Pilates teacher who is empathetic to her experience, educated in perinatal mood disorders, and is aware of the language being used to teach.
- Social (Socialization) offers the safety of movement in a judgement-free environment.